What is a Driving Licence? You may have heard about Driving Licence or you may have already known about Driving Licence but do you know how to apply for Driving Licence Online? What is the Process of Apply Driving Licence Online? and why Driving Licence is the Most Important Government Document of Any Person?
In Today’s Time, People like to travel, but at the same time, People are not liked traveling in Overcrowded Public Transport in this Growing Population, For which people use Two-Wheeler or car.
To get the Driving Licence, The Government Branch will Check Whether you are able to Drive on the Road or Not, After which you will find out whether the government gives you permission to drive the Vehicle.
So you must understand why Driving Licence so Important for you.
But When the Driving Licence has to be Applied Online, A lot of people have problems, Then from this article today we will tell you that what is Driving Licence? How to Apply for a Driving Licence Online?
So let’s start and know about what is Driving Licence?
What is a Driving Licence?
if we talk about the Driving Licence, then it is an Official Document that is issued to the person of India by the Government of India.
The Person to whom this official Document has been issued by Government of India, which means they are allowed to drive a bike, car, truck, bus or any other vehicle that can be officially Driven on a public road.
Driving Licence in India is an issued by the Regional Transport Authority (RTA) and Regional Transport Office (RTO) of the same state.
Under the Motor Vehicles Acts issued in 1988, no citizen can drive a vehicle without a driving license on any public road and if a person is caught driving without a driving license, the person may be fined.
if a Citizen has to drive his vehicle on Public Road, Then he has to take a valid Driving Licence. Generally, driving license in India is valid for about 20 years from the date of issuance or till the driving license holder becomes 50 years.
If you are learning to drive now and you are completely new, then the first thing you have to get is Learner Licence and after that, you will have to take some test in which if you pass that test then You are provided Valid Driving Licence.
Sometimes back, you had to visit the RTO office Repeatedly to get a driving license, but now with the change of time, the government is also updated his working system, so now you can apply for a Driving Licence online Right From Your Home.
Types of Driving Licence in India
- Motorcycle with an Engine Capacity of 50cc or Less Then 50cc.
- Motorcycle with a Gear as well as Engine capacity Greater than 50cc or 50cc and Light.
- Motor Vehicles (LMVs) Including Cars.
- All types of motorcycle.
- Light Motor Vehicle for Non-Transport Purpose.
- Light Motor Vehicle for Commercial Purpose.
- Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicle.
- Heavy Goods Motor Vehicle.
- Candidate Who has a license for Heavy Vehicle Driving Licence can apply for a Heavy Trailer Licence.
Which Types of Document Are Required to Apply for a Driving Licence?
If you are applying for a driving license, you need to submit your documents at the right time, So that all the documents are present at the time when you are applying for a driving license, so that you can complete to getting a Driving Licence Process as soon as possible.
To apply for the Driving Licence, I am mentioning the Required documents, So that you can easily Arrange The Documents.
Age Proof (Any One Documents)
- Birth Certificate
- PAN Card
- 10th Class Marksheet
- Transfer Certificate with the Date Of Birth Printed on IT.
Address Proof for Driving Licence
- Permanent Adress Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Self-Owned House Agreement
- Electricity Bill
- LIC Bond
- Voter ID Card
- Ration Card
- Current Proof of Address
- Rental Agreement or Electricity Bill
- Rental Agreement or LPG Bill
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for a Driving Licence
if you want to apply for a Driving Licence in India, Then There are certain criteria for it, which depends on the class of the vehicle.
There are Different Types of Eligibility Criteria for Different Types of Driving Licence which I have shown below for your convenience.
|Type Of Permanent Driving Licence||Eligibility Criteria|
|Motorcycles Without Gear (With a Capacity of up to 50CC)||The age of the Applicant should be at least 16 years and if the age of the applicant is less than 18 years, then the consent of Parents or Guardians is Necessary.|
|Motorcycles with Gear||In this, the age of the applicant must be at least 18 Years.|
|Commercial Heavy Vehicles and Transport Vehicles||Applicants for this Licence must have passed at least 8th grade and must be at least 18 Years of Age (In some states this limit is 20 years old).|
|General Requirement||The Applicant fully knows and understand the general Traffic Rules and Regulations and also the applicant must have a Valid Age Proof and Address Proof.|
Other Requirements before Applying for Driving Licence
- Application form should be filled in a good way (Application Form can be brought from the nearby RTO or you can download from the Online Portal).
- 6 Passport Sized Photographs (If you are applying for learner license).
- 1 Passport Sized Photographs (If you are applying for Permanent Driving Licence).
- Application Fees as Required.
- If you are living in some other city, then you can give a rental Agreement as your Current Address Proof and along with recent Utility Bills like Gas bills or Electricity Bills.
- Medical Certificate: – For this, you should have Approved Form 1 A and 1 From a Certified Government Doctor, All the applicants who are above 40 years of age are required to provide Medical Certificates.
How to Apply for a Driving Licence Online?
Creating a driving license is very easy.
Applicants who wish to obtain a driving license, only have to type “apply for driving license online” in Google. After this, the Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways will open in front of you.
Now you have to select the option of “New Driving License” which is present on the left side of the website. After this, it will redirect you to a new page, on that page you will get to see a lot of information.
In this, you have to fill that information and fill that form correctly and submit it.
For which state is the online driving license service is available?
Driving license can be made online, but the government has started it only for the selected state. So knowing the entire process, watch the given state carefully, if your state is also in this list, then you can easily apply for a driving license online. Otherwise, you can make offline by fully understanding the driving license offline application process.
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
What is the online process for applying for driving license?
There are 2 types of Driving License, I am going to tell you the full information about filling the learning license and Driving License online here, please read this process carefully.
- First, go to the Sarathi website and choose your state from the dropdown menu.
- Now click on Apply Online in the menu on the side, after which there will be many options (If you are new to driving, click on New Learner License, otherwise click on New Driving License.).
- Now according to the instruction fill that particular form and click submit.
- In the case of a minor applicant, you take a print out of the form and fill out Part D, followed by the signature of your parents and submit it to the nearest RTO.
- Also, upload your abstract in the uploading section along with the application form (proof of age, address proof).
- After submitting the form, a web application number will be generated on the screen, write it in PDF format or download it as this number can be used to track the status of your application.
- As soon as your application is processed, you will receive a notification in the form of SMS.
What is the Offline Process to apply for Driving License?
You must have read Online Process above, to apply Offline for Driving License is the same simple process.
The offline process is very simple and straightforward, after reading the entire process of which I have written below, you will easily apply for driving license offline.
- First of all, you have to bring Form 4, which is just the application form for Motor Vehicle Driving License. If you are not getting this from anywhere, you can download this form from the state transport website or you can also visit your nearest RTO office.
- After receiving the form, fill each information carefully. After filling the form, you will also have to attach important documents such as age proof, address proof and then you have to submit it to your nearest RTO, along with that you will also have to book a slot so in that slot you will go and give your driving test will also have to pay some fees to book the slot.
- On the day you have got the slot, without delay, you should be present at the RTO office to give the test. If you pass the exam, you will be given a driving license and will also be delivered to the registered address.
- If you are learning driving in a driving school, then that driving school will help you in this whole process.
How to check driving license status?
You have applied for the driving license, but now you have to find out the status of whether the driving license has been posted or not and if it has been posted, how far they have reached. For this, I am telling a process below, through which you can easily find out your Driving License Status.
- first of all, Visit the official website Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Now you have to put the application number and date-of-birth on the portal and then click on the submit button.
- Now you will get Driver License Status Show on the screen.
So in this way you can easily check the Driving License Status without going into any problem.
What is the procedure for driving license test?
To get the driving license, first of all, you should know the basic rules and regulations of Public Roads as well as about Traffic Signals and Safety.
- You can apply for Permanent Driving License 30 days after the Learner License is issued. By the way, you get 180 days after the Learner License is issued, in which you can apply for Permanent Driving License.
- On the Designated Counter, you will have to submit the summary Relevant Document and submit some Fees, after which you will get the Receipt and then go to the Allocated Track Cabin and give you the test.
- For driving license test, you have to arrive at least 1 hour before.
- Every state may have different rules, but one rule which is the same in all states is that you have to drive on a road made in the shape of 8, without even touching feet on the ground.
- You may also have to use Indicators properly for the test.
- For the Four Wheeler Driving License, you will have to drive a vehicle in which you will be asked to use Indicators in the middle, as well as to use Brakes so that they can see your skills.
- You have to follow the instructions given by them.
- If you follow all the types of points mentioned above, then you will surely get a Driving License very soon, which will be reached through the Registered Post at the address given by you.
What is the Format of Driving License?
There is a Format for Driving License in India, and it is a little difficult to understand the Format for which, let us understand this through an example.
Suppose you live in Rajasthan and the license plate number of your vehicle is RJ-12-2012-0001998 (for reference).
- First of all, both the character RJ show that in which state you have registered the vehicle. Here are RJ means Rajasthan.
- 12 This is the code of the city.
- 2012 This is the year in which your license was printed and given to you.
- The rest of the Digits together form a Unique Identification Number for every user.
What is the driving license and learning license fee?
Fees for permanent Driving License and Learning License are different, you can submit the Fees through SBI Challan or Online Payment.
A fee of all types of license has been shared for your information below the table.
|Type Of Licence||*Revised Fee – January – 2018|
|Learner’s Licence||Rs. 200.00|
|Driving Licence||Rs. 200.00|
|Driving Licence for Commercial Vehicle||Rs. 600.00|
|International Driving Licence Fee||Rs. 1000.00|
|Driving Licence Renewal Fee||Rs. 200|
|Learning Licence Renewal Fee||Rs. 200|
What is a Learner License?
You must have a Learning License for Driving License. The main purpose of this Learner License is that the driver should know the essence of traffic rules and laws, through this license, the driver can practice driving the vehicle.
What is the eligibility of Learner’s license?
Just like Driving License is given to you on the class of Motor Vehicle for Driving License, similarly, in Learner License, you are also provided with Learner License on Motor Vehicle Class.
|Type of Learner’s Licence||Eligibility Criteria|
|Motorcycles with Gear||Candidate must be at least 18 years old.|
|Motorcycles without Gear with up to 50 CC Capacity||Candidate must be at least 16 years old. If the candidate’s age is below 18 years, the Guardian and Parents Signature will be required.|
|General Requirement for Obtaining a Learner’s Licence||Candidate should know about the Rules and Regulations of Traffic. Candidate should have Valid Age Proof and Address Proof.|
|Commercial Heavy Vehicles and Transport Vehicles||Candidate must have passed at least 8th standard. The candidate must be at least 18 years of age or older. (Candidate must be at least 20 years or older in some states).|
What is the difference between Driving License (DL) and Learner Licence (LL)?
There are 2 types of Driving License issued in India namely Learner License and Permanent Licence.
The Validity of Learner License is approximately six months and this license is provided to those who are driving or learning a vehicle on Public Road for the first time.
If a Permanent Driving License is required then you have to give a test and you can apply for this exam only after 1 month of getting the Learner License.
According to the Government Rules, you can apply for Permanent Driving License only 1 month after getting the Learner License.
What should you do if the driving license is lost?
If you have lost your driving license due to some reason, then there is no need to panic because in return you can apply for a duplicate copy, but for this, you will have to follow some instructions.
- First of all, go to the nearest police station where your driving license has been lost.
- In that police station, you should register a Complaint about the driving license being roamed, and also keep a copy of its Complaint (FIR). Because you may need it later.
- Now go to the Notary Office of your city and prepare an Affidavit Stamp Paper, now this Affidavit will work like a proof in which it will be written that your driving license is really lost.
- Now go to the nearest RTO Office with that Affidavit and FIR and apply for Duplicate Driving License.
Why is driving license is so important in India?
You also know this thing that if you have a driving license then only you can drive a vehicle legally on a public road in India. For this, I am giving you some such reasons, so that you can understand why it is important to have a driving license to drive a vehicle legally in India.
1. Important Document for Personal Identification
Often whenever we travel somewhere or we go to an office for an interview, we are asked about personal identity proof, then we can use the driving license as our personal identity.
Driving licenses are also used as personal identity proof in many places.
2. Make Traffic Easier
In today’s world, traveling from one place to another is very stressful in away. If you have a vehicle, it can make your work easier.
But if you drive on a public road without a driving license, you will be considered a criminal. but with a driving license, you can easily drive a vehicle on a public road.
FAQs Related to Driving Licence
Even after knowing everything, some questions may be arising in your mind, so I am answering the same questions here. Which will remove all kinds of problems related to a driving license.
1. How to start the application process for driving license?
First of all, if you want to get a driving license, then you must have a learner’s license. You can apply for a permanent driving license only 30 days after the issued of the learner’s license. You can use the online and offline process given above to apply for a permanent driving license.
2. If I take Driving License from Rajasthan, will it be valid in all over India?
Yes, if you make a driving license from any state of India, then that license is valid in All Over India.
3. How long is a driving license valid?
Generally, driving license in India is valid for about 20 years from the date of issuance or till the driving license holder becomes 50 years
If we talk about the Commercial Driving License, then it is valid for only 3 years.
4. It is necessary to have a Medical Certificate to get a Driving License?
If you are applying for Non-Transport License and at the same time you are under 50 years of age, then you do not need a Medical Certificate.
But if you are over 50 years old, then there is a need to show a medical certificate.
If you apply for Transport Vehicle then you are required to provide Medical Certificate.
5. What happens if you fail the Driving License test for some reason?
If for some reason you fail the driving license test, you can apply again for it after 7 days.
I hope that you have understood what the Driving License is and how to apply online for a Driving Licence. Also, I hope that all the information related to Driving License also will be found in this article.
I request you to share this information with your neighbors, relatives, and your friends, which will create awareness among all of us, which will also benefit everyone.
If there is any type of question-related to Driving License or there is a Doubt, then you can ask and comment in the comment section below so that we can solve your questions and Doubts as soon as possible and help you.